HCC Dual Credit 2023-24
- Registration for HCC Dual Credit courses for 2023-2024 school year has closed, Friday, May 26, 2023.
- Missed the deadline above?
- Students who had dual credit chosen on their course selections or added dual credit but did not complete the paperwork provided will be moved to academic courses in place of the dual credit courses.
- I am transferring from another KISD high school to THS and have completed the paperwork necessary by the campus' deadline date. Can I still take dual credit courses at THS?
- You will need to contact both your home campus counselor and your new THS counselor to let them know about the transfer as soon as possible. (THS counselor by clicking on the directory to the left and emailing your student's counselor, by alpha/student last name, for guidance.)
- For students completing the steps to register for 2023-2024 dual credit courses
- THS will pull THS student transcripts to upload to HCC with your paperwork - you do not need to request them.
- All students need to complete the HCC checklist steps provided in the HCC acceptance letter when they receive their HCC ID #, including HCC orientation, and save the screenshot showing completion.
- You may omit the “Meningitis form” if you are taking courses at THS.
- THS dual credit students start their courses on the first day on the THS calendar, which is on August 16, 2023, even though the HCC Official calendar starts 9/5/2023, since it is "dual credit" there may just be some components not yet available for students to access until 9/5 such as payment portal with updated fees, their HCC Canvas page, etc... Students should reach out to HCC dual credit teacher/professor or the counseling office for help.
- Payment will not be due until the students' official HCC calendar start date around 9/5/2023 (refer to "2023 Fall Calendar"," DL1 in "Helpful Links" below), then you will go to the "Financial Account" tile for payment due alerts. Courses will be $65.00 per course, per semester, with Fall payments due at the beginning of 1st semester and Spring payments due at the beginning of 2nd semester.
- Other FAQ's:
- Watch below, "Helpful Links", for all other information including the "2023 Fall Calendar", DL1 line on the calendar
- All drop/change requests must go through the student's counselor at THS and be approved and the change is processed.
- Student Textbooks - Students must either opt in or out. If you do not choose one or the other, it will automatically default to opt you in. If you have questions about textbooks, please direct those to your dual credit teachers/professors.
HCC Helpful Links
Please view HCC Information using the links below: